Changes to Kippa-Ring Shopping Centre in accordance with the Queensland Government-issued face mask mandate – 18 December 2021
The Queensland Government has announced that from 1:00am Saturday 18 December, masks will once again be mandatory in certain settings, including shopping centres, supermarkets and retail shops.
This means that anyone visiting Kippa-Ring Shopping Centre will be required to wear a face mask at all times in indoor retail settings, unless one of the following exemptions applies:
- Medical reasons
- Under the age of 12
- Practical reasons e.g., eating or drinking
- Any other circumstances where it’s not safe to wear a mask.
In line with Queensland Government directives, masks are not required to be worn in hospitality venues such as restaurants and cafes.
We ask that our community remains respectful to others as reasons for not wearing a mask are not always obvious.
To help keep our entire community safe, please be sure to bring an appropriate face mask with you the next time you visit Kippa-Ring Shopping Centre.
We have implemented a number of measures to assist us and our community in adhering to this directive, including:
- All Centre staff and contractors will be required to wear masks while at work unless they have a valid reason not to.
- We have installed signage to remind our community that they must adhere to this mandate and not enter the Centre without a face mask unless they have a valid reason not to.
- Close work with our security team and local Police to assist in monitoring our community’s adherence to this directive.
For more information on the evolving situation and what this mask mandate means for you please visit: https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19.
Helping to keep our community safe
As has been the case throughout this COVID-19 period, the health and wellbeing of our entire community is our number one priority.
Alongside adherence to relevant COVID Safe Plans, we continue to implement and maintain stringent precautionary measures to keep our entire community safe. These include:
- A strengthened focus on disinfecting commonly touched areas, sanitising high-touch points with high-grade disinfectant throughout the Centre.
- Ensuring that our cleaning principles adhere to the guidelines set by the Federal Government’s Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection for COVID-19 principles.
- Positioning permanent hand sanitisation stations at key points throughout the Centre.
- Rolling out public hygiene advertisements across the Centre, reinforcing the preventative measures each of us should adopt.
- Installing signage and floor decals across parts of the Centre, reminding our community to keep 1.5 metres between themselves and others at all times, including when queuing or moving through the Centre.
- Adjusting air-conditioning systems to maximise the intake of fresh air, ensuring that quality air is circulated throughout the Centre.
- Working closely with our retail partners to help ensure that we are all playing our part to keep our shared environments safe.
We’re doing all we can to keep our community safe, but we can’t do it without you. We ask that you continue to play your part in keeping our community safe. This means:
- Checking in to the Centre and any stores that you visit using the Check In QLD app
- Having your vaccination status ready to show retail staff on request
- Always keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others, including when you’re moving through the Centre or queuing
- Maintain personal hygiene by regularly washing your hands and using the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience
- Handle illness safely by coughing into your elbow or a tissue, and most importantly, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
We are closely monitoring public health updates and regularly review the range of measures we have implemented to help keep our community safe and are prepared to respond quickly should we need to.